The whirlwind of fall music season is upon us, with first rehearsals and Rally Sundays complete, new faces and familiar, fresh music and routines returning after the summer away.
Prelude is here to help with your fall musical needs, from long-range planning with your worship planning team or scrambling for something between Wednesday and Sunday when your whole bass section is hit with the first virus of the season.
Planning ideas using recently published/recently added to Prelude material:
- Live in Prelude today: Partner publisher MorningStar’s O Lord of Light, an excellent collection of 2-part mixed anthems includes familiar composers like Robert Hobby, Anne Krentz Organ, Nancy Raabe. For your Nov/Dec/Jan planning, there are two related piece linked by Johnathan Strommen Campbell for Christ the King Sunday and Advent (O Savior, Rend the Heavens Wide and Come, Thou Long-Expected Jesus) and another that fits Epiphany–especially Baptism of Our Lord–by Robert Farlee (O Radiant Christ, Incarnate Word). Available for preview and download now!
- Live in Prelude now: Hymnal 1982, the hymnal used by Episcopal congregations, now available for your perusal. We do not have permission to include files on Prelude, but we do have all the liturgical metadata available to assist your planning. Our long-range goal is to continue to include more denominational hymnal data in years to come, to fill Prelude with practical material from various partner publishers.
- Budget stretched? Don’t forget that you have Gospel Acclamations for free in Prelude! This is an good way to incorporate the readings for the day into your choral repertoire instead of simply singing choral anthems. Simply pull up the date you need for your planning on the calendar, type “gospel acclamation” in the Title/Theme/Keywords box, and you will find them all available for preview and ready to download for zero points (Note: if you’re looking ahead planning for the whole year, we currently have all acclamations for Fall, Advent, Christmas, Epiphany, and Time after Epiphany loaded, and will add the Lent/Easter acclamations later this year and the summer acclamations early 2015). See also: Choral stanzas and descants for more great material that comes with your subscription!
- Coming Soon to Prelude–more liturgical music, then we will be looking at 2015 seasonal lines for Lent and Easter!
- Augsburg Fortress Music Sourcebook for All Saints through Transfiguration: Volume 2
- Augsburg Fortress Of the Land and Seasons
- Augsburg Fortress Assembly Required, Set 3: Service Music for Choir and Assembly
- Coming soon: Augsburg Organ Library: Advent
- Coming later fall: new Lent and Easter choral and instrumental music from AF and partners
We hope Prelude will enrich your choral and congregational song, stir your creative energy, introduce you to new material from the comfort of your home/office, and make your planning easier so you can get back to making music!